Assistant Professor (January 2023)
- Materials in extreme environments
- High-temperature corrosion
- Radiation effects in materials
- Environmentally assisted cracking
- Materials compatibility with molten salts
- Mechanical behavior of materials
Dr. Raiman is interested in understanding corrosion and degradation of materials in extreme environments. Before coming to The University of Michigan, he was an assistant professor of Nuclear Engineering at Texas A&M University. He also spent 4 years as a staff researcher in the Materials Science and Technology Division of Oak Ridge National Laboratory. He graduated from The University of Michigan in 2016 with a Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences with a concentration in materials. He also holds a B.S. in Physics from the University at Buffalo.