Institute of Engineering Physics (IIF) and Moscow State Industrial University, Russia
Ph.D. Engineering (Systems Analysis) ’08
Title of the dissertation: “Methodology and algorithm framework development to support the systematic analysis of hydrodynamic processes and forecasting of characteristics for submersible centrifugal pumps”
Bauman Moscow State Technical University (BMSTU), Moscow, Russia
MSc Investigation and modelling of explosions and fires ’04
MSc Nuc Engr ’03
Research Interests: ^top
Dr. Petrov’s research focus area is experimental and computational fluid dynamics (CFD), with main focus on nuclear power plant applications. His current main activities are: a) validation and further development of CFD models for subcooled boiling and b) multiphysics modeling of CRUD deposition on reactor fuel rods. Both activities are carried out within the DOE/CASL (Consortium for Advanced Simulation of Light Water Reactors) project.
- V. Petrov, T. D. Nguyen, D. Nunez, A. Dave, A. Manera, 2015, High resolution experiments of velocity and concentration fluctuations in a jet flow. Proc. of NURETH-16 conference Chicago, IL, USA, August 30-September 4.
- B. LaFleur, V. Petrov, A. Manera, 2015, CFD analyses of main flow penetration depth in isolated branch lines. Proc. of NURETH-16 conference Chicago, IL, USA, August 30-September 4.
- T. D. Nguyen, V. Petrov, A. Manera, 2015, A separate-effect test facility for CFD-grade measurements of the RCCS upper plenum. Proc. of NURETH-16 conference Chicago, IL, USA, August 30-September 4.
- D. Walter V. Petrov, A. Manera, 2015, A control theory approach to adaptive stepsize selection for coupled CFD and CRUD chemistry simulations. Proc. of NURETH-16 conference Chicago, IL, USA, August 30-September 4
- Daniel J. Walter, Brian K. Kendrick, Victor Petrov, Annalisa Manera, Benjamin Collins, Thomas Downar, , 2015, Proof-of-principle of high-fidelity coupled CRUD deposition and cycle depletion simulation, Annals of Nuclear Energy, Volume 85, November 2015, Pages 1152-1166, ISSN 0306-4549
- Julie M. van der Hoop, Andreas Fahlman, Thomas Hurst, Julie Rocho-Levine, K. Alex Shorter, Victor Petrov, Michael J. Moore “Bottlenose dolphins modify behavior to reduce metabolic effect of tag attachment.” The Journal of experimental biology 217.23 (2014): 4229-4236.
- Petrov, V., Kendrick, B., Walter, D., Manera, A., Secker, J., 2014. Prediction of CRUD deposition on PWR fuel using a state-of-the-art CFD-based multi-physics computational tool. Proc. of Computational
- FluidDynamics for Nuclear Reactor Safety Conference, CFD4NRS-5, Zurich, Switzerland, Sept 9 – 11. Selected for publication in special issue of Nuclear Engineering and Design.
- Nguyen, T., Petrov, V., Manera, A., 2014. Design of a scaled experimental facility for the NGNP reactor cavity cooling system. Transaction of American Nuclear Society, Anaheim, CA, USA, Nov. 9 -13.
- Petrov V., Kendrick B.K., Walter D. Manera A. 2013 Impact of fluid-dynamic 3D spatial effects on the prediction of crud deposition in a 4×4 PWR sub-assembly. Proc. of NURETH-15 conference Pisa, Italy, May 12-17.
- Walter D., Collins B. , Petrov V., Kendrick B.K., Manera A., Downar T. 2013 High-fidelity simulation of crud deposition on a fuel pin with grid spacers a proof-of-principle using the fully coupled MAMBA/DeCART/STAR-CCM+ code. Proc. of NURETH-15 conference Pisa, Italy, May 12-17.
- Grunloh T. P., Petrov V., Manera A., Bertolotto D., Prasser H-M. 2013 Validation of RANS turbulence models against mixing experiments at the FLORIS test facility. Proc. of NURETH-15 conference Pisa, Italy, May 12-17.
- Asher I.M., Drzewiecki T.J., Grunloh T.P., Petrov V.E., Fidkowski K.J., Manera A., Downar T.J., 2013 Sensitivity Study of Eulerian Multiphase Boiling Models: Nphase-CMFD. Proc. of NURETH-15 conference Pisa, Italy, May 12-17.
- Petrov V., Manera A., Lo, S., 2012. Validation of STAR-CD subcooled boiling models for PWR fuel subchannels, Proc. of Int. Topical Mtg. on Nuclear Thermalhydraulics (NUTHOS-9), Kaohsiung, Taiwan, September 9 – 13.
- im, T., Petrov, V., Manera, A., Lo, S. 2012. Analysis of Void Fraction Distribution and Departure from Nucleate Boiling in Single Subchannel and Bundle Geometries using Subchannel, System, and Computational Fluid Dynamics Codes, accepted for publication in Science and Technology of Nuclear Installations (PSBT special issue).
- Drzewiecki T., Asher I., Grunloh T., Petrov V., Fidkowski K., Manera A., and Downar T. 2012. Parameter Sensitivity Study of Boiling and Two-Phase Flow Models in CFD. Selected for publication in Journal of Computational Multiphase Flows (special NURETH-14 issue).
- Petrov V., Manera, A., 2011. Effect of pump-induced cold-leg swirls on the flow field in the RPV of the EPRTM: CFD investigations and comparison with experimental results, Nucl. Eng. Des., 241 (5), 1478- 1485.
- Petrov V., 2011. Computation model of fluid dynamic processes in submersible centrifugal Pump. Journal – Bulletin of the Institute of Engineering Physics, Volume 2, 2011, Pages 20-27.
Lokhansky Y., Petrov V., Sheypak A., 2009. Studying the roughness influence on the working characteristics of the centrifugal stage of an immersion pump. Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Engineering Education, 3.
- Novoselskiy O., Petrov V., Skibin A. et al., 2006. Applications of CFD for examination of hydraulic characteristics of pipelines of Nuclear Power Plants. Thermal Engineering (Teploenergetika) Journal No9/2006.