Assistant Research Scientist, Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences
Texas A&M University
Ph. D Materials Science & Engineering, 2014
Institute of Metal Research | Shenyang, China
M.S Materials Science & Engineering, 2010
Central South University | Changsha, China
B.S Materials Physics 2007
Nuclear materials and structural materials, radiation effects, microstructural characterization, environmental degradation, plastic deformation, additive manufacturing or 3D printing.
1. M. Song, M. Wang, X. Lou, R. B. Rebak, G. S. Was, Radiation damage and irradiation-assisted stress corrosion cracking of additively manufactured 316L stainless steels, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 513 (2019) 33-44.
2. M. Song, C. R. Lear, C. M. Parish, M. Wang, G. S. Was, Radiation tolerance of commercial and advanced alloys for core internals: a comprehensive microstructural characterization, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 510 (2018) 396-413.
3. C. Lu, T. Yang, K. Jin, G. Velisa, P. Xiu, M. Song, Q. Peng, Y. Zhang, H. Bei, W. Weber, L. Wang*, Enhanced void swelling in NiCoFeCrPd high entropy alloy by indentation induced dislocations, Materials Research Letters, 6 .10 (2018) 584-591.
4. M. Song, Y. Yang, M. Wang, W. Kuang, C. R. Lear, G.S. Was, Probing long-range ordering in nickel-base alloys with proton irradiation, Acta Materialia, 156 (2018) 446-462.
5. W. Kuang, M. Song, G. S. Was, Insights into the stress corrosion cracking of solution annealed alloy 690 in simulated pressurized water reactor primary water under dynamic straining, Acta Materialia, 151 (2018) 321-333.
6. X. Lou, M. Song, P.W. Emigh, M.A. Othon, P.L. Andresen, On the stress corrosion crack growth behavior in high temperature water of 316L stainless steel made by laser powder bed fusion additive manufacturing, Corrosion Science, 128 (2017) 140-153.
7. W. Kuang, M. Song, P. Wang, G.S. Was, The oxidation of Alloy 690 in simulated pressurized water reactor primary water, Corrosion Science, 126 (2017) 227-237.
8. C. Silva, M. Song, K. Lenonard, M. Wang, G. Was, J. Busby, Characterization of alloy 718 subjected to different thermomechanical treatments, Materials Science and Engineering A, 691 (2017) 195-202
9. M. Song, J. -F. Wen, Z. Jiao, G. S. Was, Elastic strain energy control of the precipitate free zone around primary carbides in nickel base alloy 725, Acta Materialia, 120 (2016) 138-149.
10. M. Song, C. Sun, Z. Fan, Y. Chen, R. Zhu, K. Y. Yu, K. T. Hartwig*, H. Wang, X. Zhang*, A roadmap for tailoring the strength and ductility of ferritic/martensitic T91 steel via thermo-mechanical treatment, Acta Materialia, 112 (2016) 361-377.