University of Michigan
Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering & Radiological Sciences – 2015
M.E., Engineering Physics – 2010
Shanghai Jiaotong University
B.E., Nuclear Science and Engineering – 2008
- Nuclear reactor physics
- Computational neutron transport and nuclide transmutation methods
- Resonance self-shielding and cross section data processing
- Multi-physics coupling
- Optimization algorithms
- Machine learning.
- Ted Kennedy Family Faculty Team Excellence award (2017)
- M&C 2017 Paper Invited for Special Issue in NET (Top 7%)
- Outstanding reviewer of Annals of Nuclear Energy (2017)
- Best master thesis award (2010)
- Nuclear Power Fellowship Award (2008)
1. Y. Liu, et.al, “Improved MPACT Energy Deposition and Explicit Heat Generation Coupling with CTF,” Annals of Nuclear Energy, 152, 107999 (2021).
2. Y. Liu, K. Vaughn, B. Kochunas and T. Downar, “Validation of Pin-resolved Reaction Rates, Kinetics Parameters, and Linear Source MOC in MPACT,” Nuclear Science and Engineering, 195, 50 (2021).
3. Y. Liu, B. Kochunas, W. Martin and T. Downar, “Delayed Fission Energy Effect on LWR Normal Operation and Transients,” Annals of Nuclear Energy, 128, 84 (2019).
4. K. Kim, C. Gentry, A. Godfrey, Y. Liu and S. Palmtag, “Development of the Multigroup Cross Section Library for the CASL Neutronics Simulator MPACT: Verification,” Annals of Nuclear Energy, 132, 1 (2019).
5. Y. Liu and W. R. Martin, “Pin-resolved resonance self-shielding methods in LWR direct transport calculations”, Annals of Nuclear Energy, 110, 1165 (2017).
6. S. Stimpson, Y. Liu, B. Collins, K. Clarno, “A Lumped Parameter Method of Characteristics Approach and Multigroup Kernels Applied to the Subgroup Self-shielding Calculation in MPACT,” Nuclear Engineering and Technology, 49(6), (2017).
7. B. Kochunas, B. Collins, S. Stimpson, R. Salko, D. Jabaay, A. Graham, Y. Liu, K. S. Kim, W. Wieselquist, A. Godfrey, K. Clarno, S. Palmtag, T. Downar, J. Gehin. “VERA Core Simulator Methodology for PWR Cycle Depletion,” Nuclear Science and Engineering, 185, 217 (2017).
8. Y. Liu and W. R. Martin, “Assessment of Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Resonance Integral Tables and Their Applications to the Embedded Self-shielding Method”, Annals of Nuclear Energy, 92, 186 (2016).
9. Y. Liu, W. R. Martin, M. L. Williams and K. S. Kim, “A Full Core Resonance Self-shielding Method Using a Continuous Energy Quasi-1D Slowing-down Solution that Accounts for Temperature-dependent Fuel Subregions and Resonance Interference,” Nuclear Science and Engineering, 180, 247 (2015).10. D. She, Y. Liu, K. Wang, G. Yu, B. Forget, P. Romano and K. Smith, “Development of burnup methods and capabilities in Monte Carlo code RMC,” Annals of Nuclear Energy, 51, 289 (2013).