University of Wisconsin
PhD Medical Physics ’82
MS Radiological Sciences ’76
BS Applied Math Engineering and Physics ’74
- Medical physicist specializing in research in diagnostic x-ray and ultrasound imaging and quality control such as development of a combined 3D X-ray and 3D Ultrasound Breast Imaging System
- Diagnostic Radiology Quality Assurance Research Projects
- 2012 Certificate of Merit award for education exhibit, “Achieving Significant Radiation Dose Reduction for Abdomen CT While Maintaining Diagnostic Image Quality: How to Orchestrate the Symphony of Multiple Variables to Get the Right Note” presented at the 2012 RSNA meeting (Co-author, Ravi Kaza, MD principal author).
- 2010 Certificate of Merit award for education exhibit, “Quantitative Evaluation with Fast kV Switch Dual-Energy CT of Abdomen: Understanding the Colors and Curves, Graphs and Plots” presented at the 2010 RSNA meeting (Co-author, Ravi Kaza, MD principal author).
- 2004 Elected a Fellow of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM).
- 2000 University of Michigan Department of Radiology Physics Teaching Award (Awarded at Residents’ Banquet, June 9, 2000)
- 1994 Editor’s Recognition Award for Distinction in Reviewing, Radiology
- 1993 Editor’s Recognition Award for Distinction in Reviewing, Radiology
- 1992 Editor’s Recognition Award for Distinction in Reviewing, Radiology
- 1988 Special Recognition by the Radiology Residents at the University of Washington for Excellence in Teaching Physics (Residents’ Banquet, June, 1988)
- 1974 Phi Kappa Phi honorary fraternity
- 1974 Graduated with distinction – University of Wisconsin
- (overall grade point average: 3.8 on a 0 to 4.0 scale)
- 1970, 1971 University of Wisconsin Scholarship
- 1970 National Honor Society
- Goodsitt MM, Chan HP, Way T, Schipper MJ, Larson SC, Christodoulou EG. Quantitative CT of Lung Nodules: Dependence of Calibration on Patient Body Size, Lung Size and Calibration Nodule Size for Single- and Dual-Energy Techniques, Med Phys, 2009; 36 (7): 3107-3121
- Goodsitt MM, Christodoulou EG, and Larson, SC. Accuracies of the synthesized monochromatic CT numbers and effective atomic number obtained with a rapid kVp switching dual-energy CT scanner, Med Phys 2011; 38(4),:2222-2232
- Goodsitt MM, Shenoy A, Shen J, Howard D, Schipper MJ, Wilderman S, Christodoulou E, Chun SY, and Dewaraja YK, Evaluation of dual-energy quantitative CT for determining the spatial distributions of red marrow and bone for dosimetry in internal emitter radiation therapy, Medical Physics 41, 051901 (2014);
- Goodsitt MM, Chan HP, Schmitz A, Zelakiewicz,S, Telang S, Hadjiiski L, Watcharotone K, Helvie MA, Paramagul C, Neel C, Christodoulou E, and Larsson SC, and Carson PL, Digital breast tomosynthesis: Studies of the effects of acquisition geometry on contrast-to-noise ratio and observer preference of low-contrast objects in breast phantom images, Phys Med Biol. 2014 Oct 7;59(19):5883-902
- Chan HP, Goodsitt MM, Helvie MA, Zelakiewicz S, Schmitz A, Paramagul C, Roubidoux MA, Nees AV, Noroozian M, Neal C, Carson P, Lu Y, Hadjiiski L, and Wei J, Digital breast tomosynthesis: Observer performance study of the detection of clustered microcalcifications in breast phantom images acquired with an experimental DBT system using variable scan angles, angular increments, and number of projection views, Radiology. 2014 Dec; 273(3):675-85